8 - KEVIN ROGERS, STAR ROOKIE

 
The basics: Kevin Rogers branched out on cards in 1993. After appearing only in Bowman prior, he showed up in several brands in 1993. His cards were plentiful in 1994, too, as Rogers enjoyed the best year of his career in '93. He was done with the majors by 1995.
 
Also, with Kevin Rogers, Kenny Rogers and Kevin Brown all pitching at the same time in 1993, I sure did mix them up.
 
Card thoughts: I scanned this card four times because I thought there was a piece of lint or something stuck to the card near Rogers' left wrist. Turns out my card has a white mark on it.
 
 

Backs are important in '93 UD: You can tell Upper Deck is struggling to fill space. ... Rogers' injuries continued in the majors. He played in the minors leagues through 1998. 

More from '93: The most notable baseball player born in January 1993 is probably Dovydas Neverauskas. In April 2017 he was the first Lithuanian to appear in a major league game when he pitched for the Pirates. Other ballplayers born this month in 1993 include Aramis Garcia, Jarlin Garcia and Reyes Moronta.

Notable non-ballplayer born in January 1993: Xavier Pritchett, the voice of "Little Bill," the PBS kids cartoon.

Comments

  1. I think I remember Mr. Rogers, but there's a chance I'm confusing him with Kenny or Mr. Brown too. It looks like he pitched in San Jose on multiple occasions, so there's a small chance I had the opportunity to see him pitch there or at Candlestick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment