30 - COMMUNITY HEROES - CHECKLIST

 
The basics: This checklist card kicks off the second subset in 1993 Upper Deck, an 11-card set featuring players who serve the community in some way. It's a pretty cool theme for a subset.
 
Card thoughts: Jim Abbott is being swarmed by autograph hawks. I can spot two mullets, including one worn by the subject of the card. The guy in the shades looks like a reporter or a PR guy.
 

Backs are important in '93 UD: Woo, another thrilling checklist. I wonder if anyone actually checked a 1993 Upper Deck checklist?

More from '93: On this date in 1993, the movie "Indecent Proposal" was No. 1 at the box office for the third of four straight weeks. Demi Moore and that bob cut could not be topped.

Comments

  1. Reporter, PR guy, or Steve Garvey contemplating a comeback? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I see he's holding a camera, so maybe a photographer ... or a PR guy.

      Delete
  2. One of my students has a mullet and he rocks it. He's also one of a handful of kids that I have this year that knows his baseball.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment