35 - HAROLD REYNOLDS, COMMUNITY HEROES

 
The basics: This is the first of two cards of Harold Reynolds in 1993 Upper Deck. The other one is much, much later, showing him as a Baltimore Oriole. He signed as a free agent with the Orioles before the set was released. This is also the first Mariners card in the set.
 
Card thoughts: I never went there, but I know that Kingdome roof by heart.
 
 

Backs are important in '93 UD: Harold Reynolds is from Oregon and it's where he went to high school. His older brother, Don Reynolds, who played for the Padres in the late '70s, was from Arkansas, so there was a family move there.
 
I used to hear a lot of chatter about Reynolds as a broadcaster, but I don't anymore. I don't know if that's because I don't have cable now and don't watch the MLB Network or if his role on the station is diminished.
 
More from '93: Miranda Cosgrove, who played Carly Shay on iCarly on Nickelodeon, was born on this date in 1993. She's 30 years old today.

Comments

  1. That was very generous of Reynolds. This is a very cool subset. It'd be cool to see Topps share some stories about current baseball players giving back to their communities.

    I've heard of Cosgrove before, but never watched iCarly. Looked her up... and immediately recognized her from School of Rock though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Reynolds on ESPN and MLB Network. Haven't watched either in years though.

    Never watched iCarly but I read Jennette McCurdy's memoir and she had nothing but nice things to say about Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my daughters watched iCarly, so I'm familiar with her show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too. I'm very familiar with it, and all the other shows at that time too.

      Delete
  4. I watched him play a lot when I was growing up, but I don't think that I ever saw/heard any of his broadcasting work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment