72 - HIPOLITO PICHARDO, ROYALS, P

 
The basics: After a breakout 1992 season -- his first year in the major leagues -- Hipolito Pichardo showed up in a couple traded/update sets in 1992 before arriving in regular flagship sets in 1993.
 
Card thoughts: I just looked through most of Pichardo's cards in his career and there is almost no card where he isn't in a pitching motion on the mound. 


Backs are important in '93 UD: That's quite a wing-span Pichardo is displaying. (P.S.: I know the card-back type isn't very clear on these images. It's small to begin with and I can't sharpen the images since the tool seems to have disappeared out of the available photo-editing options).

More from '93: This week in 1993, "Cannonball" by The Breeders debuted in the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 93.

Comments

  1. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The back photo would make a nice horizontal card. Now I'm curious about his '93 Topps card. (Hold please while I check) Meh, it's vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember him, nor do I recall ever hearing of someone named Hipolito. That's quite the name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment