82 - LEE SMITH, CARDINALS, P

 
The basics: With all the Hall of Fame talk of late, this is the second straight card of a Hall of Famer.

Card thoughts: I really like Lee Smith's Cardinals cards. They look nicer than his cards where he's with the Cubs or Red Sox or any other teams. I think in general I just like the traditional Cardinals uniforms.
 


Backs are important in '93 UD: Smith was in the middle of three straight seasons of at least 40 saves. He'd save 43 with the Cardinals in 1993 and then three with the Yankees at the end of that year after he was traded there in a deadline deal.

More from '93: The Supreme Court's first African-American justice, Thurgood Marshall, died on this date in 1993.

Comments

  1. When I think of Lee Smith, the Cubs are the first team that comes to mind. His 82F rookie card is really nice. Not often I compliment the 82F set :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment