The basics: This is the second straight card showing a young American League star. Chuck Knoblauch had put together two straight standout seasons when this card was issued. He was an All-Star for the first time in 1992.
Oddly this is the only Knoblauch card in the set.
Card thoughts: Oakland's Mike Bordick is sliding into second base in an apparent bid to break up a double play. I'm not sure if that's dirt spraying way up to Knoblauch's arm or if it's wear-and-scuffing on the card. It's probably the latter, based on other images of the card.
Backs are important in '93 UD: Another play at second, another American League West slider. I think that's 6-foot-4 Lee Stevens of the Angels sailing in.
More from '93: This week in 1993, the Bruce Willis/Sarah Jessica Parker movie "Striking Distance" debuted at No. 1 at the U.S. box office.


I just bought the 1993 UD Fun Pack set on eBay and it arrived today. Was flipping through it... and Knoblauch is being taken out by another A's baserunner. Maybe Harold Baines?
ReplyDelete