23 - J.T. SNOW, STAR ROOKIE

 
The basics: J.T. Snow's debut on major league baseball cards came in 1993. He appeared both as a Yankee and an Angel in various products. He was traded from the Yankees to the Angels in the Jim Abbott deal in early December 1992, so sets issued later in '93 got him in an Angels uniform.

Card thoughts: Well, it's weird seeing Snow in a Yankees uniform. I don't think I ever saw any of his Yankees cards that year.
 

Backs are important in '93 UD: You're looking at his career stats for the Yankees there. Also, it was nice to read a Star Rookie bio in which the player wasn't compared to a half-dozen established stars. Snow had a decent 16-year career, so maybe that's the secret to success, don't let UD compare you unfairly.
 
More from '93: On this date in 1993, P.M. Dawn's second album, "The Bliss Album ...?", was released. It contained hits, "I'd Die Without You" and "Through Patient Eyes," and while not as big as their first album, it was still a hit. I never liked them.

Comments

  1. I don't really ever remember Snow with the Yankees. I wonder how many of his cards mention his dad on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a lot of Snow over his career... but had no idea he started out with the Yankees. Interesting piece of trivia. As for PM Dawn... I liked a few of their songs including the two you mentioned. They weren't my favorite group or anything, but I included them on a few custom CD's. And I still have Set Adrift on one of them in my disc changer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the first "Short Term Stop" cards I remember having as a kid. Thought it was weird that a guy could have a card on a team he only played seven games for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the "Didn't know that he was ever a Yankee" camp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment