53 - LETHAL LEFTIES, TEAMMATES

 
The basics: I'll be your caption-writer: from left to right, that's Mark Langston, Jim Abbott and Chuck Finley. This is already Jim Abbott's third card in the set. He'll have two more, but this is his last one as a member of the Angels. Both Langston and Finley have their own cards to come.

Card thoughts: I hate it when I'm baffled by early 1990s photography. This is three photos in one, right? Or maybe they were all there together. I don't know. Interesting card.
 
 
Backs are important in '93 UD: Upper Deck sounds very hopeful about Chuck Finley and it was right as Finley would be an Angels mainstay for the rest of the decade. Langston would have a good 1993 before starting to tail off. Abbott was already with the Yankees at the time this card was issued, dealt in the trade that brought the Angels J.T. Snow.

More from '93: Sheryl Crow's breakout debut album "Tuesday Night Music Club" was released 30 years ago this week, appropriately on a Tuesday.

Comments

  1. I always wanted to get this card signed by all three, but all three are really tough autographs to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was just another one of those multi-exposure cards from Upper Deck in the 90's. Just assumed it was a Jim Abbott card. Another example of my failure to pay closer attention to photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the shadows, especially on the legs, I'd say they were all there together for the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is my favorite looking card from the set so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment