90 - MIKE STANTON, BRAVES, P


 
The basics: Mike Stanton's only card in the 1993 Upper Deck set but it beats the heck out of every other 1993 Mike Stanton card.
 
Card thoughts: One of my favorite cards in the set. I bet it wasn't every day that Mike Stanton saw a fan sign that said, "I (love) the Braves especially Mike Stanton." He HAD to come over. I also like how the boys in this photo are barely in their seats. Also, blue sharpie sighting!
 
 

Backs are important in '93 UD:
Another pleasing photo on the back with the crowd and the big BUD sign. ... Stanton was the Braves' workhorse in the bullpen but he didn't get the chance to be closer until 1993.
 
More from '93: "Man on the Moon," REM's song about comedian Andy Kaufman, hit the Billboard Top 40 this week in 1993.

Comments

  1. He'd have to have been a real heel not to have gone over and signed a few things for those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have seen this card before but never read the sign. Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great fan interaction card. Was trying to figure out that word between Braves and Mike. Then when I read your post... it was like "duh". Sure glad you did though, because that would have bugged me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. I have this card but as usual, NO, you have taught be to be more observant and actually *enjoy* my cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment