92 - KENNY ROGERS, RANGERS, P

 
The basics: Kenny Rogers' card appears 16 cards after the card of the pitcher I always confused him with, Kevin Brown. The Dodgers adding Brown took care of that, but then there were other problems.
 
Card thoughts: There are lots of cards in 1993 showing Rogers' delivery but I think this is the most effective one. Rogers looks like he's going to toss that "K" with the ball.
 
 

Backs are important in '93 UD: 1992 would be Rogers' last season as a full-time relief pitcher. 1989 and 1992 were the only years of his career in which he didn't start a single game.
 
More from '93: The No. 1 movie on this date in 1993 was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III". I was never young enough to appreciate TMNT, unfortunately.

Comments

  1. I was a little too old for TMNT toys or movies... but there was a point where I really wanted to collect their comic books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have absolutely no memory of Rogers being anything than a workhorse SP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment